Monday 6 March 2017

Deacon Blue - "Dark End of the Street" / "When Will You Make My Telephone Ring?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLdFqozHOhA "Dark End of the Street" At the dark end of the street That is where we always meet Hiding in shadows where we don't belong Living in darkness, to hide alone You and me, at the dark end of the street You and me I know a time has gonna take it's toll We have to pay for the love we stole It's a sin and we know that it's wrong But oh, darling our love keeps going on strong Tonight we'll meet at the dark end of the street You and me "When Will You Make My Telephone Ring?" Pale blue eyes Same old house, no ties A little bit older but not so Worldly wise That I can't see Your light's on me Making me regretfully say The wonder of it all was you And underneath it all it wasn't true I want you in everything In everything In anything I do When will you make my 'phone ring And tell me I can't give you anything Anything at all now Tiny steps From ruthless legs When you've been walking so long Now don't you rest From disharmony From disunity From anything that isn't you and me The wonder of it all was you And underneath it all it wasn't true I want you in everything In everything In anything I do When will you make my 'phone ring And tell me I can't give you anything Anything at all now When the daylight all goes around And by chance we're both down town Please meet, and walk on by Oh, darling, please don't you cry You and me, at the dark end of the street You and me Tired of chasing old dreams Tired of wasting days Tired of waking mornings Just to wait for you 'till late Tired of searching high Tired of getting low Tired of listening hard Just to wait for you to know that When will you make my 'phone ring And tell me I can't give you anything Anything at all now I want you in everything In everything In anything I do When will you make my 'phone ring And tell me I can't give you anything Anything at all now I want you I want you I want you I want you I want you I want you I want you I want you

No comments:

Post a Comment